Are you up for a quick project that will impress everyone?
This Free Crochet Cowl Pattern is for you!
Working your back loop of Half doubles and folding it correctly!
Ready to make your own?
Let’s get started!
- Any Bulky or Chunky weight #5 yarn- I used Hayfield Bonus Chunky Extra Value, 100 gr, 150 yards, 100% Acrylic
- Hook: J-10 / 6.00 mm
- Yarn Needle, Scissors, Measuring Tape
- 20” length X 12” width
- Ch = Chain, Sc = Single Crochet
- FlSC = First loop single crochet ( insert hook in first front loop , yo, pull through and finish your Sc)
- This pattern is worked rows
- You can adjust the length by adding chains at the foundation chain.
- This pattern is worked on any number of stitches +1
- This is a one-row repeat pattern
- For this sample, I made 32 rows.
- The turning chain ch1 does not count as a stitch
If you need stitch markers and want some extra Bobby pins here is a great colorful idea
Start with a foundation chain of 34 +1 ( if you are using a smaller weight yarn modify your number of foundation chains, remember to add 1.
Row1: SC in 2nd ch from hook, Sc in next ch and in every ch across to end of row, ch 1 and turn (34 st)
Row 2: FLSC in 1st st from hook , FLSC in next and in every st across to end of row, ch 1 and turn your work
This is the one row repeat for this pattern. I made 34 rows to obtain the size
Finish by weaving in ends and cut your yarn.
Two options to close the Bandana:
- Fold it like shown in the photo and sew approx 4”
- You can add two buttons on the back to close it as you go!
Get your set of Bamboo Hooks sizes 3-25 (Affiliate)
Grab your Ad-Free Downable Copy HERE
Did you try this out? Share your project!
– Let me know how it went and leave a comment below
– Tag me @sandrastitches
– Join and share in our FB Community
Want to save this post for later? Go ahead and PIN it!
AMAZON ASSOCIATES: Sandra Stitches is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
This post contains links to products that I use and recommend, If you purchase any using my links I get a very small fee at no ad to you! Thank you for supporting my small biz!